Della’s at the perfect age to love everything about Christmas this year, so I thought it’d be a great time to introduce her to Advent (well, at least the fun part…) and make a little countdown with Christmas-related activities for us to do every day. I know I’m a bit late with this post, but with all the baby excitement this week it took me awhile to get my act together. 😉 Here’s what I came up with:
1. Make reindeer food
2. Pick out our Tree at Grandpappy’s & bring it home.
3. Decorate the Christmas tree!
4. Find out Baby’s Gender (!!!) : Go buy a small gift for the new baby.
5. Make paper snowflakes
6. Pick out 3 toys you don’t love anymore & donate to Goodwill
7. Read a favorite Christmas book
8. Hot chocolate date at Starbucks
9. Decorate Porcelain Plates
10. Donate refrigerated/frozen items to Warren County Front Royal House of Hope
11. Make cinnamon-applesauce ornaments
12. Send out Christmas cards!
13. Make homemade fudge
14. Live Nativity in Front Royal
15. Christmas Cookie Swap at Mr. Cheryls
16. Deliver a special treat to a neighbor/friend
17. Read Christmas Bible verses (Matthew 1:18-25 / Luke 2:1-20 / Matthew 2:1-12)
18. Write a note to Santa & send it to the North Pole
19. Make & decorate (blank) Thank You notes for Christmas gifts
20. Go to the Christmas story time at the library
21. Watch A Charlie Brown Christmas
22. Bake & decorate sugar cookies
23. Drive around to look at Christmas lights
24. Open Christmas Eve box / watch Christmas movie + make stovetop popcorn + hot cocoa
25. Christmas Day: Drive to Gaagy & Pops and celebrate! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I also have a little calendar planned with tiny brown envelopes and a polka dot garland, but yet again… it’s not done. Oops!